lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2016

Alma blouse

I approached the Alma blouse.
I've already sewn one a long time ago while I was taking some private sewing classes.


But this time I wanted to do it just on my own.
 I picked up the size 8 for the high bust. I blended just the back bodice to a size 12 for waist and hips.
I knew this was unneccesary for the front as I had to do a  huge FBA (6,5 cm for each side) and this will end up giving more width to the whole front bodice. Then I rose the waist and the armhole, and did a 5 cm sway back adjustment.
My real intention was to make the A version but the neckline was gaping brutally. I think it was due to a sum of events: in the first place the fabric is very drapey and loose waved, in the second place the interfacing of the facing was too soft, and finally I did not stabilized the main piece if the front bodice at the seamline with the facing. My first thought was to throw everything in the bin but then I opted for a scoop neckline finishing it with bias tape and guess what?

It worked.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario